Tuesday, May 09, 2006

 

Bone Marrow Biopsy

I had to have my last pre-transplant bone marrow biopsy today. My doc had to do the biopsy twice because the first sample wasn't good enough. OUCH!!! I'm a tough draw. I also had a transfusion of platelets today because my platelets were at 36 which isn't high enough to go through the Hickman surgery on Friday. As it is, they may still need to transfuse another unit of platelets on Friday during the surgery. This is our last meeting with the doctor before my admission date so Cathy and Mom asked a lot of good questions and we got all the consent forms signed.

Comments:
Hi Nancy! I read your blog and felt compelled to write. When I read about your low bacteria class-it brought back a ton of memories for me. I remember when we had to learn all about low bacteria diets and what we could and could not feed Kai, etc., etc. It was a real challenge. We are still dealing with it today! Since we couldn't give Kai anything fresh for over a year, he has got into a very bad habit of not eating fresh fruit and vegetables, and of course likes things that are extremely high in sodium or preservatives. But, considering the fact that he is feeling better and on the way to recovery, I can live with the bad habits and we'll deal with that later.
Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you're finally getting your bone marrow transplant! I know how risky the whole procedure can be, so please know that we are with you in spirit and are here for you whenever you need anything.
I'll write you again to see how you're feeling. Please take care! Miss you lots!
Love,
The Fujitas
Staci, Gary, Kai, Gen & Daigo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?