Monday, May 08, 2006

 

Dietary Class

Mom, Cathy, Mark and I, took a "low bacteria" dietary class at the City of Hope today. There are many restrictions on what I can have after I leave the hospital and there are many food preparation guidelines to follow. For instance, no raw vegetables, raw nuts, dried or frozen fruits, all cans (even soda cans) must be cleaned with hot soapy water or alcohol before opening. We also took a tour of the "Village" which are on-site studio apartments where post-transplant patients and their caregivers can stay. Since there will be several hospital visits required each week post-transplant, staying in the village will make it easier for those living far away. We haven't decided for sure if I'll need to stay there but my doctor will guide us when the time comes.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?