Monday, May 15, 2006

 

First Chemo

The Clippers won Game 4 last night in the playoffs. Scott was lucky and was invited to the game at the Staples Center. They had seats in the 16th row.

I received my first dose of chemotherapy today beginning at 6 am. I don't think it was too bad, just too early. The nurses woke me up every two hours last night changing IV bags, taking vitals, giving me meds, etc. Tomorrow I get four times the dosage of Chemo. They have me taking eight different drugs on top of the Chemo. I think they'll add to this list beginning tomorrow. I didn't realize I'd be on so many drugs: me, the person who barely would take a Tylenol. Mark spent most of his day here. He also direct donated two units of platelets that I may need later this week. Thank you Mark and thank you for sacrificing your round of golf today..

I'm eating fairly well. The food here is a step up from airline food, that is, when they used to feed you on the airplane. Today, I even topped my dinner off with Sara Lee chocolate cake.. reminded me of the time when Warren and I crawled behind the couch and ate all the frosting off of the Sara Lee cake and then carefully replaced the lid so no one would ever know.

I fought for hours with the computer in my room. I finally got email to work. However, I cannot update the blog the way I had intended. I could not get my laptop to work. They said something about dial-up. Anybody know what that is?????

Thank you for your support. Thank you to those who are bringing food to my three bachelors. I really appreciate your thoughfulness and generosity.
Lots of love, nance

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?