Sunday, May 28, 2006

 

First Hair Loss

It finally happened. I began losing hair today. Luckily, mom had the foresight to buy me scarves and caps over the last several weeks prior to hospitalization. I guess I'm ready for the hair loss but deep down inside, I hoped to be one of the small percentage of those lucky enough to not lose their hair.

I received another unit of platelets this morning (#LC58087) because my platelet count was 14. My white cells are still non-existent. My low platelet count has caused some bleeding on my gums. Other than these things plus some side-effects of the chemo and the massive doses of anti-biotics, My doctor says I'm doing better than average.

Scott and Andrew's basketball teams won their games today in the Tiger Tournament. Tomorrow, Andrew's team is playing for championship and Scott's team is playing for consolation. Go get em boys!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?