Saturday, May 27, 2006

 

Memorial Day Weekend

Today, just like yesterday, the nurses woke me up at 5 am to give me double dose platelet transfusions(#LC58023.) My platelets were at 14 this morning before the transfusion. I have virtually zero immunity right now. My white count this morning was under .2 because they can't read any lower than that. It's kind of scary to have no immunity if you think about it. I really have to be careful right now and limit exposure and maintain all the oral preventative rinses and medications so that I reduce the chance of any infection.

Warren showed up at the hospital and surprised me. He, Dawn, and the boys came down for the long weekend. Scott gave Andrew a haircut last night and Andrew ended up with a very short haircut with an "A" etched in the back of his head. Andrew came to the hospital today with his new do which, actually looked okay. This weekend both my boys are involved in the Tiger Basketball tournament. Scott's team lost their first game but Andrew's team won with Andrew scoring something like 22 points (must be the new haircut.) I hear I missed a good game.

Today, I was a little more fatigued than yesterday. I am still dealing with side-effects from the Chemo and the new anti-rejection drugs. I guess these symptoms are suppose to continue for weeks. I want to thank you all for continuing to give platelets and whole blood products. Your units are a precious "gift of life."
love, nance

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?