Monday, May 29, 2006

 

Memorial Day

I received a platelet transfusion this morning at 5 am for what seems like the fourth day in a row. Not much else happened today. It's just a waiting game from here on out. The doctor stopped by and said I can expect to see some increase in blood counts at about two weeks post transplant. It takes bone marrow a little longer to show improvement than it does stem cells. The good news is there is suppose to be fewer host vs. graft disease (rejection) with a bone marrow transplant versus a stem cell transplant.

My hair loss is accelerating. My nurses say when I'm ready they'll just give me buzz so I'll have stubble on my pillow instead of long hair. I'm not quite ready for a buzz yet.

This was the final day in the Tiger tournament. Andrew's team took Championship and Scott's team lost by 2 in overtime (83-81). I know I missed some great games this weekend but I'll be back in full force for future tournaments.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?