Monday, May 22, 2006

 

Transfusion Dependent

Hi gang. Well, my basketball teams did not make it any further. I was hoping the Clippers and Spurs would make if to the finals.

I'm finally feeling well enough to update my blog. Boy this past weekend was a tough one. I was so nauseated the entire weekend. The anti-nausea meds did not work that well for me. The nurses started at 5 am this morning with a transfusion of platelets. At that time, my platelet reading was 20 (normal is 150 - 450). After that unit, they checked again and my platelets decreased to 18 so they gave me another one. In the afternoon, they gave me unit of packed red cells. I can kind of tell who donated the units directly to me based on the LC# on the units. Thank you for donating units to me if you would like to know if I received your unit of blood, I received #LC57941 and #LC57921. There should be some numbers on the paperwork that you received when you donated. The second unit of platelets did not come from a designated donor.

Thank you for your generous donations of your elixir of life. I'll probably need many more transfusions until the new marrow stem cells, which I'll received on Thursday, can begin to make enough to sustain me. So me being transfusion dependent at this point is completely normal.

I'm going to turn in now as I'm feeling pretty tired. love you all, Nance

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?