Wednesday, May 31, 2006

 

Transfusion Queen

Today I received two units of platelets(#LC58158 & LC58166) and one unit of packed red cells (LC57917). This is the most transfusions I've ever received in a single day.

I finally figured out why I can't sleep between the hours of 12 midnight and 3 a.m. I lie there freezing cold, shivering, and requesting more blankets. Another post-transplant patient told me about his uncontrollable shivering and said his was due to a reaction to one of the anti-biotics. Thank you Tony! That was my problem, too. We remedied that by using painkillers right after the infusion of the anti-biotic. No more uncontrollable shaking! : )

Not much more to report here. It's just a waiting game for the next few weeks. We're just keeping the side-effects in check with medications. I'm on three different anti-biotics, an anti-viral, and an anti-fungal. Since I still have no immunity these medications are suppose to help stave off any infections/complications.

Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers. I received a whole bunch of greeting cards today. Thank you all so much. This helps me right now as I still can't leave my room. It could be another two full weeks before I can step into the hallway. The greeting cards and email help me feel connected to the outside world.
love you all, nancy

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?