Tuesday, June 13, 2006

 

Back on Neupogen

My doctor really wants to see some blood counts come up. He's insisted on putting me back on Neupogen for the next several days. If we don't see some counts by Monday he's going to do a bone marrow biopsy to check on the engraftment. If he's not satisfied with the amount of engraftment he says he may request more stem cells from the same donor. I'm hoping we won't have to go down that road. I think the stem cells are there, but they are just taking their sweet time.

I received a unit of platelets today (LC58675 - Thanks Lynny!) Thanks to Eileen for donating platelets today, too. It was great to see you! Thanks to all of you who continue to support me.

I still have a little stubble left on my scalp. Kurt keeps threatening to bring his duct tape to take care of the strays.

It's just a waiting game now. We're on Day 19 (post-transplant) and I've been here a total of 30 days. I have not been allowed to leave my room since my white count reached zero about 22 days ago. I know it'll all be worth it in the end. love n

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?