Sunday, June 18, 2006

 

Detectable White Count Finally!

Thank you all for your prayers and positive thoughts! I finally have a measurable white count today! It's low, but it's there. This is a very good sign of things to come. I spent the morning in tears of happiness. Thank God for this miracle.

I received two units of platelets (LC59005 & LC58790) and one unit of packed red cells (LC58626) today. Thank you all for sustaining me with this gift of life for the past 4 weeks. I'll still need blood products until my counts level off in the normal range. This may still take several weeks. My counts will go up and down in the meantime. The nurses told me not to be alarmed if they drop.

Mom brought me O-kai again. Wow, I never thought it can taste so good. I think I'm very sick of the cafeteria menu here. Maybe the Gohan (rice) sparked those Japanese stem cells into action.

Thanks you to all of you bringing meals to my family. I really appreciate your generosity. Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's! love nancy

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?