Monday, June 26, 2006

 

GO TEAM WHITE CELLS!

I received two units of platelets today (LC59147 & LC59178).

My white cells went to 800 today! This is the biggest jump so far! Any progression is very exciting for me. I also had a bone marrow biopsy today. (Oh lucky me)

My doctor was giving me some indication of what I need to do to get discharged from this hospital. Here's an example of just a few of those things:
-Higher blood counts,
-I need to become less transfusion dependent (at some point, my stem cells will hopefully make enough red cells and platelets to support me) because I can't be coming here every day for tranfusions,
- I need to take all my medications (antibiotics, antifungals, antivirals, anti-rejection drugs by mouth and be able to keep it all down,
-I need to be eating (no problem there)
-I need to be drinking a certain amount (he didn't say what I can drink... ha ha)

Thank you all for being there for me. You've made this whole process a lot easier.
love, nancy

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?