Wednesday, June 28, 2006

 

Healthy White Count!

Today, was a very big day. My white count hit a whopping 2300 (it was 800 yesterday.) I got to walk the halls today, of course, with mask and gloves. I forgot what it looked like outside my room since I've been confined for 36 days. I've been hospitalized for a total of 45 days. whew... The doctor took me off the Neupogen today, so if tomorrows count drops, it's okay. It'll come back up on it's own.

I received two units of platelets today (LC59466 & LC59439.) My doctor thinks I may be discharged this coming Monday. The only big thing left to do is to reduce the number of transfusions I'm receiving. He said I need to be in the "village" for at least two weeks because as it stands, I need to come in daily for labs and platelet transfusions. Once the platelet transfusion decrease to about two per week, I can go home. When I do go home, there will many restrictions. I can deal with that.

So I ordered an egg salad sandwich for dinner. This is what they brought me: 2 hard boiled eggs still in the shell, two pieces of bread, mayonnaise, mustard and salt. I had to make it myself! I just had to laugh.

I would like to thank you all for all your support. I have a wall full of wonderful get-well cards! I think if you send a card now, I may not receive it. So, please send any further well-wishes to the house. I would like to thank all the people who donated blood or platelets for me. I would like to thank you for your prayers. I would like to thank you for feeding my family over the last 6 weeks and for keeping me in touch via email. Let's thank God for seeing me through this.
love, nance

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?