Saturday, June 10, 2006

 

Long Distance Blood Donors

I had some special visitors today! Janet, Rick and John drove up from San Diego to give platelets and/or blood. They were in the donor center for a very long time, not to mention the long drive involved. Thank you all for making the trip. It was good to see you all! At least you didn't show up with sunglasses on like Kurt did. He wore them to avoid the glare coming off my white scalp!

I received a unit of packed red cells today (LC58104). I received several units of platelets over the last two days. Unfortunately, they were from non-directed donors because all the units donated directly to me weren't ready until this morning. I'll probably get a directed unit of platelets first thing tomorrow morning.

I'm still feeling really good. I'm waiting for my new stem cells to "kick-in." This should happen any day now and certainly by Day 24 (we're at day 16). I can't wait until I have an immune system again. Luckily my fevers are gone and I'm not really experiencing any abnormal complications. Just waiting.......

Thanks to all of you who continue to donate blood for me and also, thanks to all of you who are feeding my family at home. They have not gone hungry at all. love, n

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?