Sunday, June 25, 2006

 

Shoyu/Sugar Hot Dogs

I received three unit of platelets this weekend (LC59135, LC59154 & LC59178) and one unit of packed red cells (Lc58747).

My white count went up only slightly to 500 where it has hung for the last two days. I hear it is completely normal for my white cells to start off so slowly. I can't believe I've been confined to my room now for 33 days with total hospital stay now of 42 days (6 weeks). I don't know if they can even predict how much longer it'll be but as long as we see forward progression, that will keep me going.

Every morning when my nurse hangs another IV antibiotic at 4 am, I just have to ask what my white count is (they do blood draws at midnight and most often the results are available by 4 a.m.) Sometimes, they are afraid to tell me because it has gone down or stayed the same. Other times they are elated that it has jumped 200. I guess, I'm putting pressure on the nurses. I shouldn't ask them at that hour because if it has risen, I can't go back to sleep.

Mom is still bringing me her award winning O-kai. I think that I needed another flavor with it today, so when the cafeteria called to ask if I'd like to order dinner, I asked them if they made special requests. They were able to make shoyu (soy sauce) & sugar hot dogs. Kurt was laughing at me when I did this, but it came out perfectly and it went very well the my O-kai.

Thank you all for your continued support. Some of you have been coming in weekly to donate platelets or blood. I'm sure it's getting old for you, too. Thank you for your perseverence. Somedays, I just want to be done with the whole thing, but I've come this far and there is no turning back now. Love you all, nancy

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?