Friday, June 16, 2006

 

Still No White Count

I still had no detectable white count today. Dr. Nakamura said he'll do a bone marrow biopsy on Monday if there still isn't a count and possibly request stem cells from the same donor depending on the degree of engraftment. I still hope it doesn't come to that.

I was transfused with two units of platelets ( LC58773 & LC 58759) and one unit of packed red cells (LC58395). Thank you all for your donations. Please know that platelets have a short shelf life so in case your number didn't come up, it went to somebody else in need. Also, when the donor center collects whole blood, they always spin it down to the packed red cells. They almost never infuse whole blood.

Lynny came down today and donated three units of platelets. She asked if she should bring a Sharpie with her so she could draw my eyebrows in for me. Thanks Lynny. : )
Actually, I haven't lost all my eyebrows, but they are very very thin. I knew I should've got that permanent make-up before entering the hospital.

I'm getting so sick of the hospital menu. Since I'm on the low bacteria diet, I asked Dr. Nakamura if I can have O-kai (O-kai-yu) with umeboshi. He laughed and said that would be fine! He encouraged me to also have O-Cha-zuke. So, mom brought me some O-kai with umeboshi. It settled my stomach and was a real treat. Thanks mom. Maybe the Japanese food will kick-start those Japanese Stem Cells!

Comments:
Is Natto on the low bacteria list?
 
Lovely blog you have heree
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?