Tuesday, July 18, 2006

 

Bad Blogger

I've been a bad blogger. Sorry everybody, but I've not felt well enough to post daily. I have a lot of skin GVHD (Graft vs. Host Disease) or rejection. I've been very uncomfortable as it causes severe hives-like itching everywhere. On top of that, it seems that the chemo has damaged the lining of my bladder. I won't get into what effect that has on me. As a result of these setbacks, the doctors have me on morphine and benedryl 24/7. It's hard for me to feel alert enough to blog. So, if this posting seems scrambled it's due to the medications (although, you may not notice any difference from my other postings... ha ha)

I'm still receiving many transfusions and I really thank you all for your continued support. Over the past several days, I received three units of platelets (LC60305 and LC60614 x 2). I also received a unit of red packed cells LC60606. Scott is a perfect HLA match for platelets for me and he came up here today to donate. One of his veins blew up on him, so half the platelets were from one arm and half from the other. Thank you Scott. You Rock Baby!

This is day 10 being back in the hospital. I didn't think I'd be here for this length of time. I'm not leaving until I feel well! I'm way too uncomfortable right now to think of going back to the Village.

That's it in a nutshell. Thanks for keeping up with my blog. love, nancy

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?