Sunday, July 30, 2006

 

Changing Of The Guards

Mom finally got to go home today. Mark is my caretaker for the next several days. He's doing a good job. He cooked me Udon for lunch and Filet Mignon, garlic spinach and rice for dinner. yummm... He also took me for a walk on the grounds here at the City of Hope. The rose garden is quite beautiful and relaxing. I can't have any exposure to the sun because it causes more GVHD (Graft vs. Host Disease - rejection.) So, when I venture outside I really have to cover up.

I'm feeling pretty well right now. We went to the clinic today where I received the "usual" - antifungal and magnesium via IV. I may need blood/platelet transfusions tomorrow in additional to the "usual", we'll see.

I don't know how I'll ever thank you all for your support. The Cypress High School Basketball team continues to bring dinners to my bachelors. The OCO group also has brought numerous meals for them. So many of you have donated platelets/blood to sustain me and some were donors whom I've never met. They donated based on my friends/family having them come forward. Many of you have taken care of my boys by driving them places, feeding them (feeding Andrew is no small task), and letting them hang out with you. I have received hundreds of get well cards, some from people I don't even know. I've received cards from bible study groups and women's groups. I thank all of you for your well wishes. Everyday, I feel I am getting stronger. I know that I'm better because of your prayers and continued support. So, thank you from the bottom of my heart to all those who have done so much to help in my recovery. Love you all. I'll be home soon.. love, nancy

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?