Monday, July 03, 2006

 

Scary Allergic Reaction

Sorry I didn't post to my blog yesterday. Over the past two days I received two units of platelets (LC59653 & LC59562) and one unit of packed red cells (number unavailable).

They didn't move me to the Village today because of an allergic reaction I had two nights ago. They wanted to watch me one more day. I'm not sure what caused the reaction but my body was covered in hives, my lips swelled up (Mark said I didn't need Botox), and my tongue was also swollen. My blood pressure dropped to something like 71 over 40, my heart rate was 150 and my blood oxygen level dropped to 86. They called in the ICU doctor and administered 50 mg. benedryl and Hydrocortizone. It took a while, but everything normalized in a few hours. I was hyperventilating much of that time and felt my throat was closing up, too. It was very scary. Scott and Mark were here the entire time.

I will probably be moved to the Village tomorrow, July 4th. Gives new meaning to "Independence Day!" I'll continue to post to my blog from there. Thank you for all your support! love, nance

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?