Tuesday, August 22, 2006

 

Happy To Be Home!

I finally came home from the hospital (stay #3) yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately, I spiked a fever of 101.3 again last night but couldn't bring myself to make that U-Turn back to the hospital. Mark offered to take me back, but I told him if I still had a fever in the morning, I'd have Scott, Mom, or Kurt take me since he had to work all day. Luckily, my fever hasn't gone beyond 99.3 all day.

During this past hospital stay, I needed platelet tranfusions five days in a row. For some reason, I can't keep any kind of platelet count. My doctor did another bone marrow biopsy on me yesterday before I left the hospital and has ordered a series of tests to find out if there could be another reason for my excessive need for platelets. I think during this stay all of the IV antibiotics they had me on, suppressed the marrow and caused my spleen to capture all my platelets. That's a very uneducated guess...

Anyways, thanks for keeping up with my blog. Some people think since I'm home, all is well. But, I think we all know better now. I still have a fragile immune system and the doctors are a little concerned about my low blood counts. (Course, it didn't help that I ran into things twice today, causing bruising on my legs.... oops)
I know I have to be extra careful.... love you all, nancy

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?