Tuesday, August 29, 2006

 

A Little Improvement : )

Beginning last night, I got to start drinking some wonderful barium solution in preparation for a CT scan today. I had to chill it, put an umbrella in it, and pretend it was some type of tropical drink in order to choke it down. This continued three, two, and one hour prior to my procedure. I guess the test went okay, I'll find out more next week.

The good news is that my blood counts actually held pretty steady from two days ago. Over the past few weeks, I've been requiring platelets and a two hour infusion of magnesium at my appointments at least every other day. The need for magnesium is in spite of the fact that, I'm already taking 12 magnesium pills per day. I've also required packed red cells at least once or twice per week. Today, I didn't require the magnesium or the packed red cells. My platelets were at 18 before they transfused me with one directed unit (LC62589). This past Sunday, I also received a directed unit of platelets (LC62524). I'm hoping that I can get my appointments back to twice per week instead of every other day. I would like to thank you all for continuing to donate platelets (A+ or O+) and whole blood (A+). The City of Hope is in a blood shortage situation so do know that anything that I'm unable to use will be given to someone else in need.

Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers. I feel very lucky to be surrounded by such caring, wonderful, and supportive people. You must know that you've all contributed greatly to my recovery. Thank you again... with love, nancy

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?