Saturday, August 26, 2006

 

Still Home, Don't Worry

I'm sorry that I haven't blogged in a few days. I'm still home but require appointments every other day due to my low platelet problem. I'm still needing platelets at every appointment. Yesterday, my platelet count was at 6(000) - normal 150-450. This is the lowest my platelet count has ever gone. We shouldn't be making new records on the low side at this point... should be posting record highs. I think I'm 93 days post-transplant and was hoping by now to have great blood counts. The unit of platelets I received yesterday was from direct donor #LC62472 - Thank you.

The good news is that my last marrow biopsy showed no signs of the disease, MDS. I'm showing about 90% engraftment but it appears that I didn't get enough stem cells from the donor. We're still waiting it out, the new marrow just needs to become more robust. I'm trying to figure out what would "wake up" the new stem cells from Japan... (can't eat sushi for one year, don't like Natto - probably best to stay away from it anyway because it is fermented, how much tofu can one person eat?) California Roll sounds kind of good (is it even Japanese?) but I'm too lazy to make my own and I can't eat the store bought kind just yet. I should visit the nearby Japanese market for ideas. Maybe I'll pick up some Mochi (love it with Kinako/sugar.)

I'm just glad to be home. I never appreciated home so much! I want to thank you all for your continued support. The emails, phone calls, wonderful dinners, cards, and continued support through blood/platelet donations have been very uplifting. It may take a while for me to be able to bounce off the walls like before but I will get there. My mind wants to do it all at this point, but my body and doctors say "wait a little longer." So, I do what I can and count on others to pick up the slack. Love you all. Nancy

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?