Monday, September 25, 2006

 

Four Months Post-Transplant

Mark and I spent Sunday morning at the clinic again. It was the shortest visit in recent history lasting just over three hours! :) I checked in and they drew my labs right away. My platelet count started at 12 and with one unit of HLA matched platelets LC63637 it spiked to 29. They let me go after the last count was back! Since I received "the works" on Friday, I didn't need red blood cells or magnesium. I got to spend the afternoon and evening at home. (After a clinic visit I usually arrive home at or after dinner-time.)

Last Friday, I forgot to include in my blog that I received a unit of red blood cells unit #63587. That helped me not need red cells yesterday (Sunday)! Thank you!!!!

I really want to thank you for your platelet and blood donations! You all have helped so much in sustaining me over the past four months. Yes, today I'm four months post-transplant! I do realize that the City of Hope Hospital is not close to anybody. I know that the traffic is horrible and know how long it takes to give a unit or two of platelets or whole blood. I appreciate all of you who have traveled from near and far to directly donate your blood products to me. I wish I can thank each and every one of you in some way. Please know that I'm forever appreciative and may not be here if it weren't for all of you.

My white count is still hovering just below or at low-normal level which is good. We're just waiting for the red blood cells and platelets to come up. We just have to be patient.

Thank you again for being so supportive. I feel fortunate to be surrounded by so many loving friends and family. love you all, nancy

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?