Wednesday, September 13, 2006

 

Frustrating Platelets

Well, I've come to the point of being frustrated with my platelet counts. I had a bloody nose twice last night at 12 midnight and 4 am. I had another one again today at the hospital which lasted over 2.5 hours. If I can't get my platelets over 10 with transfusions, then my doctor is going to admit me into the hospital again. I can't stand the thought of that right now!

Luckily, I dodged that bullet for today because of all your direct platelet donations. I hope to dodge it tomorrow, too. The first platelet unit I received today #LC63187 was an HLA matched unit and brought me from 7 to 16. The second unit was a non matched unit #LC63192 and brought me from 16 to 17. Thank you for all your great donations. Even Monday, I received a matched platelet unit from my mother in law! Thanks Mom. That was awesome of you.

When I checked into the lab today, they took a whole lot of blood samples from me (over 10 viles.) I know my doctor is working hard to figure out what the problem is with my platelets. I hope they find out real soon because this has gone on for a whole month. Now that I'm symptomatic, they are worried about me.

That's it for now. Thank you all for your well wishes. love you all, nancy

Comments:
JoAnn, thank you for your reply. Yes, I can use A+ blood and the donors can ask to see if they are HLA platelet match, too. Their units of red blood cells last for over a month and I'll definitely use it! If they are a platelet match they'll be contacted. Thanks for passing the word. I think this platelet condition is temporary and I'll get through it soon. City of Hope Donor center phone number is 626)471-7171. love,
nancy
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?