Friday, September 15, 2006

 

Long Day

Well, it was another very long day at the City of Hope. Mom picked me up at 7 am and Mark spun by after work to take me home. We got home at 7:30 pm. The days get so long I told mom she should leave since Mark was picking me up. I think she finally left at 2:30 pm.

The good news is my white count is still holding at or around the low normal level. My platelet count this morning was not at the rock bottom reading. It was at 9 and after one unit of unmatched HLA platelets it went to 14. They were not going to infuse another unit of platelets because two HLA matched platelet units are to be ready tomorrow (Saturday) morning. So, I'll be in there again at 8 am tomorrow... whew. I also received a unit of A+ packed red cells today LC -63488, which was directly donated yesterday by my cousin Eileen Kato. Thanks Eileen. It couldn't be any fresher!! : ) They also infused me again with a product called GammaGard which are antibodies to help my immune system. This infusions usually lasts 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Hopefully, tomorrows appointments aren't too long.

I can't believe I'm going in almost every day again. My doctor asked if I'd like to stay at the village since I have so many appointments. Obviously, I declined! I'd much rather be home! The drive isn't that bad and I need to be with my family.

Thank you for keeping up with my blog. Thanks to all who have donated red blood cells and/or platelets. Thanks to everyone for all of your support. love, nancy

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?