Wednesday, October 11, 2006

 

Armed with Face Mask and Hat/Support A3M

No news to report in the way of blood counts since I won't have another appointment until next Tuesday - yeah! But, as I did my marketing this morning, I realized how many people stare at me. I am still wearing my super thick face mask and hat since I can't have any germs or sun exposure (the sun causes GVHD or rejection.) It's kind of funny really because people don't know whether or not you're contagious so some people steer clear while others look like they feel sorry for you. The kids are really funny because they stare as you are going by, but they are well-mannered, as I haven't heard a one ask their parent any questions yet. I'm sure they do once they turn the corner.

I was in the bank with my face mask and hat pulled down low (only my eyes were showing.) I saw the teller take a double-take of me, at which time I realized that she was probably wondering if I was going to hold her up! So I had to laugh, and I asked her if I scared her. She replied "no" and a little nervously glossed it over and asked what had happened to me. It's probably not very nice of me, but kind of fun to observe peoples reactions to my appearance. I think I'll slow down to enjoy peoples responses a little bit more. : )

Most of you are aware that for the past several years we've worked with A3M in registering potential donors into the National Marrow Donor Program. Many of you have donated precious hours working the marrow drives in hopes of finding me and others in need a suitable donor. A3M has been so instrumental in helping me through the transplant process. They were there for me before, during and even now answering questions I have had along the way. This weekend is another opportunity to support A3M in their endeavors. On Sunday, October 15, they will have their annual Charity Concert. Although the dinner tickets are sold out, there are still concert tickets left. You can see Lani Misalucha with the Society of Seven at the Cerritos Center for the Performing Arts, 7 PM! Plus, there will be lots of fun with the raffle tickets and silent auction. Call for tickets: 800)300-4345.

That's it for today... thanks for reading. Good Luck A3M for a successful evening filled with fun and enjoyment! I have to miss the big event this year because I'm still recovering, but you can bet I'll be back next year with bells on! love, nancy

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?