Tuesday, October 17, 2006

 

Breaking Records Again!!! : )

We're breaking records again folks!!! Today, my platelets were at an all time high since transplant of 31 (normal 150-350) as was my hemoglobin at 10.3 (normal 11.5 -15.5). I've now gone three weeks without any transfusions of platelets or red blood cells! Not only is this the longest I've gone without transfusions since my transplant, but also the longest I've gone without transfusions for the past 13 months!

Here are my other counts which did not break any records, but are still respectable; White count is at 3.3 (normal 4.0-11.)which is low, but still okay and my red blood count is at 2.97 (normal 3.8 - 5.2.) Even though all my counts are still below normal, they are moving in the right direction and for this, we are thankful! I'd like to thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers as I continue in my recovery.

Also, our thoughts are with all of our relatives and friends who experienced a fairly large earthquake in Hawaii this past weekend. I'm glad you are okay and I hope the clean-up isn't too bad. Thank you also for following my blog from Hawaii.

I love you all and you must know that you've been instrumental in getting me through the transplant and post-transplant process. I've still got a long way to go, but slow and steady, we will beat it! Thank you again. With love, nancy

Comments:
JoAnn, Thank you so much. I left a message on your cell phone earlier today. Can't wait to see you, too! Love, nance
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?