Tuesday, October 03, 2006

 

Continued Good News!!! : )

Well, it seems I did turn the corner.... no transfusions for a whole week now!!!Thank you for all your wonderful thoughts and prayers!!!

My platelets were at 22 (normal 150 - 350) this morning (went up 2 points by themselves since Sunday!) My hemoglobin also went up by itself again. It was at 9.1 on Sunday and today my count was 9.6 (normal 11.5 - 15.5.) The white count is still bouncing around a bit, but today it was at 3.5 which is just fine with me (normal 4.0 - 11.0.) Although, these counts may seem low, which they are, let me remind you where I was for the last six weeks ... platelets <5 to 12, hemoglobin in the 7's and 8's... so this is a definite and welcome improvement. I hope to continue this uphill trend and eventually climb into the normal ranges! : ) I know it can take awhile but I plan to get there!!!

I saw my doctor today and asked about my possible attendance or appearance to an upcoming family reunion. Since, I'm just recovering from a possible virus which caused so many problems with my blood counts, he recommended not attending such a function due to exposure to many people at once. My immune system is very poor still and I'm very susceptible to catching anything around! So, Sagara Family, sorry.. but the doctor has spoken. I'll be with you in spirit! I know you'll all have a fantastic time!

Thank you again for following my blog and for your continued prayers. As always, I feel so fortunate to be supported by so many caring and loving people. You've all helped me stay positive and focused on recovering! I love you all, Nancy

Comments:
Thank you Sharon for your continued help. I'm still hoping I won't need transfusions! JoAnn, thank you for spreading the word during my critical need period. I appreciate your efforts and have connected via email with many that you have sent. I thank you for your continuous thoughts and prayers. love, nancy
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?