Tuesday, October 24, 2006

 

Making Progress

We're still making small strides! : ) I'm happy to report that we have a new high for my platelets which came in today at 44 (normal 150-350.) See, testing my platelets by running into stuff and cutting myself hasn't hurt my platelets one bit... : ) (I know, you're all thinking maybe my counts would be higher if I would just sit still so I won't get bruised or cut. Oh, now what fun would that be?) Anyways, my white count went into the low normal level at 4.0 (normal 4.0 - 11.0.) My hemoglobin stayed about the same as last week at 10.2 (normal 11.5 - 15.5.) Overall, my doctor is happy with the progress over the past several weeks. We're going in the right direction and even though it's taken a while, it's moving up! As we get closer to normal counts, he'll reduce the anti-rejection drugs. For now, he's cut my prednisone (steroids)in half again and made my appointments two weeks apart, YES, I SAID TWO WEEKS apart! This is a first since my transplant. I've also now gone one month without any transfusions! Woo Hoo...

Speaking of prednisone; some of my friends saw me and I think they were a little shocked at my face. I forget to mention things.. the prednisone has made my face puffy (or was it the Marie Calendar pies?) Steroids will do that, so if you see me don't be shocked if I look a little ... well, swollen in the face.

Since I won't have another doctors appointment for two weeks (keeping my fingers crossed as I write this), don't be surprised if I don't blog for a while. I'll blog when I have something to report, good or bad. If you don't hear from me... no news is good news...

Thank you for keeping up with my progress via this blog. Thank you all for your positive thoughts and prayers. I love you all... nancy

Comments:
Thank you Kim. I hope to be there with my face mask when it's not too crowded (no Cypress vs. Kennedy Games for me.) I just have to avoid sick people! love, nancy
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?