Tuesday, October 10, 2006

 

No Transfusions!!!

What's this??? Still no need for transfusions! Hallelujah! Even though I didn't break any more records just yet, my platelets were still holding at 23 and my hemoglobin at 9.8. I did not need any transfusions today and my doctor has changed my appointments to once per week!!! Wow, what's a girl to do? So, if I don't update my blog for a week, you'll know why. Mom and I celebrated today at Marie Calendars by buying two pies during their $5.99 per pie, October Special. Yum... chocolate cream!!! No, it wasn't one for her and one for me... : ) We didn't eat lunch there because I'm still not eating out. We just picked up our pies and ran!

Since there is now life after my doctor visits, I came home and continued work on my stacks of medical bills. Seems there are many disparities between the statements I receive from the City of Hope (COH) and the Explanation of Benefits I receive from my insurance company. I've been working feverishly to sort them out but need COH to also work it out on their side, which they are trying to do. So far, I've been correct on the errors also made by the Medical Group billings (doctor bills.) The hospital bills are another story but I must say, my accounting background has helped. We'll get it all straightened out very soon.

The other thing that happened today was that my doctor cut my prednisone (steroid)prescription in half. I was taking 20 mg. per day and am now down to 10 mg. Maybe I won't inhale those pies after all. (Steroids do effect your appetite... I should know, I feel like I eat all day long.) They had me on the steroids to help with the Graft vs. Host Disease (GVHD) or rejection. (They actually had me on 60 mg. per day when I was in the hospital.) Hopefully, my symptoms will not reoccur when I cut back on the medication.

Thank you for keeping up with me. Love you all, nance

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?