Thursday, March 29, 2007

 

Update & Help a Friend

I know some of you are still checking daily for new updates. I'm doing pretty well. I have a little GVHD or rejection but nothing serious. I'm feeling good and trying to get into the swing of things. Next week I'll see the Infectious Disease Doctor and he'll run some tests to determine which immunizations I'll be needing over the next few months. I'll also have my respiratory treatment where I'll breath some medication in through a nebulizer for approximately 30 minutes in the lab. This is to prevent PCP or pneumonia. I guess the burning question was not only about my blood counts, but so many have asked what my hair looks like now. I'll try and post a picture... I have to figure out how to do it.... I'm lame when it comes to these techy things.

I have become friends with a very special patient, Ann Gregory, and her husband, Chris. Ann is being treated at MDA Anderson in Texas for Leukemia and is unable to find a marrow match due to her ethnic makeup. As with me, it is difficult to find matches because there are just not enough Asians in the National Marrow Donor Bank. Her doctors feel that her only shot at survival is to go through umbilical cord blood transplant. Turns out her insurance won't cover the transplant. Please read her heart-wrenching story on her blog : anngregory.blogspot.com. They are trying to raise the money themselves for the transplant. Please remember Ann and Chris in your prayers and thank you for any help you can provide. Remember, to be added to the registry it's only a swab of the cheek, no needles!. Please see asianmarrow.org if you would like to be a potential donor and possibly save a life! Thank you. love, Nancy

Comments:
Dear Nancy,

I just wanted to let you know that you have been in our prayers for some time now. My family has been really encouraged by your story and your courage. Thank you for being you! Your friend Ann is in our prayers too. Her name is unforgettable to me as I bought my wedding gown from a shop called "Anne Gregory."

Love,
Karen & Joe
 
Thank you for your continued prayers. I find it amazing that your wedding gown was purchased from a shop by the same name as my friend! Thank you for sharing this special information. I'll pass it along to Ann.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?