Tuesday, October 14, 2008

 

Two Years, Four Months Later... : )

I had my appointment today at the City of Hope. I've failed to post my blood counts for some reason over the last few months. My counts are stable and some are still low, but doctors are not worried. Sometimes, these things take time.

WBC 3.2 (normal 4.0-11.0)
RBC 3.75 (normal 3.8-5.2)
HGB 12.3 (normal 11.5-15.5)
PLT 84 (normal 150-350)

For some reason, the hospital was slammed with patients today. I've never seen so many waiting for lab work and doctor appointments. As a result, checking in was slow, getting my blood drawn was slow and seeing my doctor was a bit of a waiting game. Two hours later, after my appointments were done my doctor said he'd send the nurse in to deliver my flu shot. Two hours after he said that, I finally got the shot and made it out of there. Whew... long day.

Please send positive thoughts and prayers for the following people (some of their blogs are on my sidebar:)

Ann Gregory - released from MDA in Texas following her September transplant
Krissy Kobata - still in search of a donor
Michelle Maykin - Going up to Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center in Seattle this week
for double umbilical cord transplant
Erica Murray - Leukemia relapsed following transplant
Jaimee Yamaoka, 18, recently diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma

These friends stories highlight the importance of Asians for Miracle Marrow Matches (A3M). Please support A3M by attending Starnight (go to www.asianmarrow.org for info) or buying raffle tickets for Starnight or donating items for their silent auction. Additionally, OCO is hosting their golf tournament this year with net proceeds being donated to A3M. Go to http://www.ocoyouth.org/ for the golfer application or Tee Sponsorship information. A3M needs your help to continue on their mission to find donors for all those API's in-need. You can make a difference by helping out.

Thank you for supporting me. I appreciate all of you more than you know. love, nancy

Comments:
Nancy,

Your numbers look great! As always, you're my hero, so keep up the good work!

Lots of love,
Ann
 
It's a good thing that at least your hemoglobin is "normal" so that you have energy for your many activities.

We may both need a transfusion when we finish with Starnight!

Love, Susan
 
Congratulations on the great counts!
Keep up the good work.
 
Thanks for all of your comments! It's so great to have so much support. Susan, let's not get transfusions after Starnight but let's have lunch somewhere!! : )
love you all, nancy
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?