Monday, March 02, 2009

 

Okay, Time to Blog...

Many people have called or emailed me asking how my counts were at my appointment two weeks ago. I'm sorry, I haven't updated my blog site. But, no news is good news. My counts are holding steady. My doctor isn't worried, in fact, he said it could take years for my counts to reach normal levels...

Counts on February 17, 2009
WBC 2.9 (normal 4.0-11.0)
RBC 3.78 (normal 3.8 - 5.20)
HGB 12.3 (normal 11.5- 15.5)
PLT 93 (normal 150-350)

Speaking of "years".... at my next appointment, I'll almost be three years post transplant! Yay!!! So, we were asking Dr. Nakamura, if he'll be performing a bone marrow biopsy (bmb) to check my status as we previously discussed. Surprisingly, he decided not to do the bmb. He said we may do it at five years, unless something seems "off" in the meantime. This is good news as it is never fun to have that procedure and it proves to be expensive on my end. So, obviously, my doctor is satisfied with my progress and is not particularly worried about anything pertaining to my transplant. He is, however, keeping me on the same dosage of anti-rejection medications. This is really not a big deal in the big picture. He might reduce the dosage slightly at my next appointment! I'll be looking forward to that!

Thank you for continuing to follow my progress. I've been swamped with.. hmmmm... so many things. I haven't had the time (or energy) to email, blog or stay in contact with everybody. But, rest assured, all is well.

I hope all of you are having a great 2009, so far. Even though the economy is so bad, life is good.

Love you all, nancy

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?