Wednesday, April 18, 2012

 

MIA

So sorry, I've been missing in action lately. Been swamped with LIFE...

Yesterday, I visited the City of Hope for my bi-annual check up. This is my six year visit (a bit early) and a good appointment it was.

Seems like my counts are creeping up slowly. I have a new personal best in the platelet department. Actually, this is the highest my platelets have been in over 10 years when all this nonsense started. Woo Hoo! And well, the really big news is my white count, which has pretty much never been in the normal range since transplant.

normal range
WBC 4.9 (4.0-11.0)
RBC 3.97 (3.8-5.2)
HGB 12.8 (11.5-15.5)
HCT 38.8 (35.-47)
PLT 116 (150-350)

My doctor now only wants to see me on an annual basis. I couldn't believe my ears. I told him he's going to miss me. Of course, he agreed with me.

Thank you all for being on this scary trip with me. I love stories with good endings. Although, we are still mid novel, I feel the long-term outcome is developing into greatness.

If I don't post for a while, don't be concerned. Just means that all is good. Take care of yourselves, stay healthy and remember, it's all about choices. Make good choices and stay positive! May God bless you all!

Comments:
I'm so very happy for you!!! Chris and I are doing the happy dance!
 
Thank you Ann & Chris. Happy dance coming from you two means the world to me!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?